Jim provides innovative strategies and tactical analyses for C-level executives for products, marketing, and revenue improvement for companies. We are currently focused on energy resilience micro-grid solutions for large scale commercial and industrial properties as a trusted advisor.
Jim has developed tens of thousands of residential lots in communities from California to the Carolinas. He has initiated and overseen the successful completion of over 50 projects, including several master- planned mixed-use residential communities. His projects have won many prestigious awards – including the National Association of Home Builders' Gold Award for Best New Community in the United States, along with numerous other national and regional marketing awards, including Best New Community in Charlotte for The Palisades. He has pioneered the development of best practices "green" land development, and is considered both an innovator and industry leader. In 2008, Medall was named Charlotte’s Green Land Developer of the Year by The Charlotte Business Journal. In 2004, Medall was selected by The Charlotte Business Journal as one of the year’s “40 Under 40” most promising business leaders. In 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 Rhein Medall Communities was named Developer of the Year by the Charlotte Homebuilders' Association. Jim developed 12 of the Top Ten Best Selling Communities in Charlotte from 1998 to 2009.
Chevron Energy Solutions Company – Pasadena, CA - Senior Development Engineer - Project Manager - Sep 2001- 2013
- Managed Native American Renewable Project Development Program Complex Offering
- Developed Large Scale Renewal Projects PV, Wind
- Designed, Project Managed and Installed Over 200 MW of Photo Voltaic Systems
- Educational Show Case Winner East Los Angeles Community College 1 MW Solar PV Carport
- EPA Project of the year Winner Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio Landfill Gas GNG Project
- Installed Waste Water and Public Sector Fuel Cell Generation Projects
- Implemented Demand Side Management for ten (10) Campus Community College District: Comprehensive Energy Audit, Lighting Retrofit, HVAC Upgrades, Enterprise Wide EMS Controls, Utility Rebates, Measurement and Validation, Performance Guarantee and Complex Project Financing.
- Managed Complete MEP Energy Modernization Project for Twenty (28) District K-12
- Designed over Ten (10) Central Plants with Co-Generation, Thermal Storage, WEB Base EMS Controls, Multiple Staged Boilers, Electric Centrifugal Chillers and Dual Fired Absorption Chillers
Honeywell – Van Nuys, CA- Business Development Manager Food and Beverage - Mar 1998 – Aug 2001
Edison Source – City of Industry, CA - Senior Engineer Performance Contracting – Jan 1196 – Feb 1198
XEROX Electrical-Optical - Chino, CA - Manager Engineering Power Electronics – Jun 1995 – Jan 1996
AECO Products Company – Los Angeles, CA - Engineering Manager Energy Sector –
Hughes Oil Tools – Long Beach, CA - Manager Electronic Division – Sep 1979 – Apr 1980
NASA Dryden Flight Research Center – Edwards AFB, CA - Flight Control Systems Engineer – Jun 1975 – Sep 1979
Education & Licensing
California State University Los Angeles BSEE -1977 Electrical Engineering
Stanford University MSME – 1979 Aerodynamics
Continuing Education (Over 120 Graduate Units in Engineering & Management}
Registered Professional Engineer (CA, AZ, IL, NV, OR, WA)
LEED AP, CEM (Certified Energy Manager), CDSM (Certified Demand Side Manager)
Senior Member IEEE, Member IEEE Standard Board, Member IEEE Petroleum and Petrochemical Conference
Senior Member NFPA (National Fire Protection Association)
Senior Member ISA (International Society of Automation)
Former NEC (National Electrical Code) Code Panel Fourteen Member (Hazardous Locations)
OSHA 30 Trained (Both Construction and General Industry)
Certified (NFPA 70E) Electrical Safe Work Practices Trainer
Author IEEE Bronze Book, IEEE/ANSI Standard 739 “IEEE Recommended Practices Energy Management in Industrial and Commercial Facilities”
Author IEEE 1068 “Recommend Practices for Repair and Rewinding of Motors for the Petroleum and Chemical Industry”
Entrepreneurial and Success-Oriented with a Consistent Record of Driving Revenue and Profit Growth in Domestic and International markets. A Highly skilled “Change-Agent” with the ability to take companies to the next level.
• Develop High Performing Management Teams. Dedicated mentor and developer of talent.
• Highly experienced with Accounting, CRM, Logistics and Inventory Management Systems.
• Demonstrated ability to established strategic goals and managed to those goals.
• Change Agent and turn-around specialist.
• Ability to drive profitable revenue growth through acquisition and internal expansion.
• Raised millions in Private Equity and actively consulted with PE firms on strategy and acquisitions.
• Skilled in Crisis and litigation management.
• Orchestrated many mergers, acquisitions and divestitures with a win-win negotiating style.
• Significant International Experience – Completed transactions, managed suppliers or had significant customers in many Asian countries including China, Australia, New Zealand, most EU Countries and Great Britain.
MBA; BS in Finance.
—Key Areas of Leadership & Expertise—
Strategic Planning ~ Project Management ~ M&A’s ~ Public/Private Offerings ~ Divestitures ~ SOX ~ Negotiations ~ Treasury ~ P&L Management ~ International Operations & Finance ~ Banking ~ Lean Management Vertical & Horizontal Expansion ~ Verbal & Written Communications ~ Presentations ~ Financial Reporting & Controls ~ Teambuilding & Leadership ~ Training & Development ~ Business Development ~ Strategic Alliances
I am passionate about education and I teach business and economics to help train the leaders of the future.
Specialties: Automotive, Construction, Manufacturing, Textiles, Retail and Wholesale, Telecommunications and IT, Education and Travel and Event Services.
David was born and educated in the UK and is a seasoned international executive with over 35 years of diverse experience in major corporate and international investment banking, as well as serving as a Founder in Renewable and Green Technology Companies.
David has fulfilled a range of General Manager positions in major international banks including Lloyds Bank and the Sumitomo Bank, both on Wall Street and the West Coast. While at Sumitomo, and the Nomura Daiwa Bank, he served as General Manager of Corporate Market Lending for the Western United States, which included specialized areas of energy and project finance. In addition, he has considerable Securitization Experience in multiple asset classes.
Earlier he worked for Lloyds Bank PLC, New York, NY as a Vice President in the Bank’s Transactional Finance and Private Banking Groups with responsibility for private banking and transactional finance with a portfolio in excess of $15 billion in the late 1980’s. David has additional experience with the U.K. Government and Lloyds Bank International in Latin America. David is a graduate of the London School of Economics.
David has structured a number of cross border equity transactions and has been particularly active in specialty areas as Cross Border Structured Finance, Debt/Equity Swaps, Private Banking, Energy and Project Finance.
His most recent activities have been in the Green Energy Industry where he is a Founder of EV Connect Inc, an Electric Vehicle Technology since 2009. Prior to that, David held a similar position with a Solar Energy Company in Orange County.
David now resides in Palos Verdes Estates in California.